The Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews

Saturday 25 May 2019

Love Me Again


I spend far too much time on Instagram. It is the perfect place for high-key stalking. Will Smith's Instagram is amazing. Both complete with life lessons and hilarious child-mockery, it sustains me. Anyway, my favourite cover artist, Bree Archer is posting again! Hopefully this means I can get back to re-releases of the last few books still suffering in backlog purgatory. Put Out The Zombie has been out of play for sooo long. It always reminds me of the late great Rhonda Scales.

I was thinking about her a few days ago and it hurt anew that I couldn't shoot her a quick email for a chat. It was Ms Rhonda's idea to have more zombies in books and to give it a different twist. I included her suggestion in my tale with gusto. She also was the one behind Kissing the Canvas and Lily having her name, instead of something not as floral related. Librarians always come through but Ms Rhonda took it to another level.

Her openness, her intelligence and wit and the way she embraced the authors of Beautiful Trouble Publishing, and other black authors was extraordinary. I was so pleased I got to meet her in NC and enjoy her joie de vivre in person. I will always be grateful for her ideas, her support and her all around effervescence.

When I do get it a new cover, the dedication for Ms Rhonda will be bold and beautiful. Just like she was.

No comments:

Post a Comment