The Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews

Sunday 4 September 2011

Changes

Where has this month gone? I was going to say I've done sod all useful but it's not entirely true. I've learned my writing limits in finishing the edits for my horror story and completing my zombie story (ZOMBIE NATION RISES). I realised I need boundaries. Feet on the ground. Spells and powers and otherworldly issues are hard work! Seriously hard! Like beef jerky left out in the middle of the desert for a year and a day hard. Anyways, take away the paranormal aspect of both stories and I think the message in them is about survival. Going through a terrible experience and coming out the other side, stronger, better and maybe, sadly harder.

The heroine in my horror believes she's escaped her past, but the irritating thing about history, is that you turn around and it'll be standing in front of you at your art exhibition telling you off about a t-shirt. Well more freaky things than that happen. Then there's Kamilah, who refuses to be labelled as a victim and is all about survival. And pate. Because that stuff is so worth surviving. There were parts of both stories that I absolutely adored writing, and then there were the 'ah, that's not going to work' parts that required my brain to work. Which I don't like so much.

So August was all about stretching comfort zones, and channelling survival of some dire personal experiences. In other news, I am totally all over Nick and Gina's wedding and giving Massimo Da Canaveze a little hope. Hands up for older men?!

No comments:

Post a Comment