The Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews

Sunday 7 July 2019

Holiday!




I don't know if you can tell, but 2019 has not been kind to me. It's put weight on me. Made me commute on the Northern Line in the morning for work. Not allowed natural deodorant to work on me and I detoxed I swear! It's also trapped me in London - miserably. And I love this city, I do, but I need to be able to miss it once in a while.

My friends (experts in psychology) tell me that I need to have a break at least every three months as I work with members of the public in a stressful job. If you saw the number of grey hairs invading my scalp, you'd agree.

But this month begins the great travels of Billy! I'll be off to Oxford for a bit of boating. Then up to Leeds for some rebonding and meeting a new London descendant! Best of all, I'm going to Greece! Get me kalamalataed! Greece, if you remember, was the scene of drunken Lady London and I talking about getting Windows written up for other people to read. It was our first holiday away together and we spent a lot of it in the supermarket. I love a foreign supermarket! Cheap booze, cheap quality snacks, all those things you’d have forgotten at home are right there for you.

Greece also has an insane amount of mosquitoes who absolutely love the hell out of me and their repellent is the best, cannot tell you. Although I will be popping to Dulwich to get some natural repellent. Expensive as hell, but it smells like luxury, rather than chemical.

I'm not exactly returning to the scene of the crime but going to Corfu instead. It’s all beautiful, turquoise blue waters, sandy beaches, fresh fish and bread and olives and inching to 40 degrees C in August which will deepen this melanin to ecstasy!

I’ll be taking so many photos, probably of my toes in the water or in the sand, but lots that will carry me through the winter. At least until I’m back in Italy. Yep. That’s happening again this year too. I owe it to myself!


No comments:

Post a Comment