The Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews

Monday 20 January 2020

Let's Do It Again



Is this month ever going to end? It's been January for 84 years and I've had enough of it. I'm not doing any of the restrictions for this month. It's hard enough as it is without inflicting more misery on myself. I'm sticking with sugar - just reducing, although I made about a hundred pieces of salted caramel fudge yesterday and it's delightful! I have one meatless day a week - not doing it the whole month when I have so much bresaola that expires next month and I'm not paying for the gym when I'm saving for the two hundred holidays I'm taking this year. Yay me!

Anyways, given the longest month of time, I thought enough of that has passed for me to not spoil owt but clarify what songs go with which bit of Murano. I haven't done that for my previous books for fear of giving key things away. And I feel like we're at the stage where it's time for a second read and a second read with tunes as I maestro intended. Lol! Me going on like I'm Paris Hilton at a gig! You've known me long enough to understand my musical leanings, my love and adoration of Sir Hans Zimmer, that I'm so obviously an eighties baby judging by said musical leanings and that the strangest songs will make me emotional for no reason. If I told you the number of times I listened to I Know What I Do just staring at a wall crying, you wouldn't believe me. Routemaster to the rescue was born from being on the N44 streaking through London roads after far too many lychee martinis and praying the bus would go faster so I could throw up in peace. I don't travel anywhere without music, so Hans kept the need to projectile over my fellow passengers at bay. Now it's tied up with Bep being... well Bep. I maintain Radiohead should have been given the Spectre song which is why it's included so I can't listen to it without coupling it with sleek, silencer-ed weaponry. And I can't include Smack My Bitch Up unless a bitch is gonna get smacked up. Said bitch does get smacked up. And it just makes me love Mimi more.

So there we are. A glimpse behind the thought process of what goes into my tracks. There's a reason for the weirdness. Always. Gosh, really wish I could apologise to my English teacher. I was always convinced that she looked for meaning behind everything when it could be that the author just wanted something that way. Now look at me - giving parallels.

Nope! I take it back!

Murano on Spotify

An Old Man’s Path
  • Progeny – Hans Zimmer

Giuseppe Nardiello
  • Hey Mami – Sylvan Esso

Lost Boy/Wendy Darling
  • You See All My Light – Jacques Greene
  • Change Is Everything – Son Lux

Last Wedding
  • The Dream of Gerontius, Op 38/Pt 2 Praise to the Holiest – Edward Elgar

I think I want to see
  • It’s Magic – Dinah Washington

Goddamn Sheen
  • Too Original – Major Lazer

Sweet Sixteen on Coke
  • 212 - Azealia Banks

Come out with me
  • Playinwitme – KYLE ft Kehlani

Date Musicals
  • Suddenly, Seymour – Rich Moranis, Ellen Greene

Nonna’s Speakeasy
  • Sing, Sing, Sing – Benny Goodman
  • You Give A Little Love – Paul Williams

Mini Cab?
  • Ultralight Beam – Kanye West  

Marseille! Marseille!
  • Palm Trees ?Téoذ

I Have Never…
  • Shadow & Light – Martin Luke Brown

Defiling The Inner Sanctum
  • Surprise Yourself – Jack Garratt

Leisurely
  • Waking Up – MJ Cole & Freya Ridings

Fractured Family
  • Back To You – Benjamin Gordon

This Is Beppe
  • I Am – Rock Mafia ft Wyclef Jean

Neighbours
  • Breathe & Stop – Q-Tip  
  • Tell Me That You Love Me – James Smith

The Sacrilege
  • Oh Baby – LCD Soundsystem

Why Are You Still Here?
  • Same Drugs – Chance The Rapper

Happy Easter
  • Movement – Hozier

Dear Sg Nardiello
  • The Gulag Orkestar – Beirut

Darjeeling Comfort
  • Not Dark Yet – Bob Dylan

That’s Not My Name
  • Lost Boy – Ruth B.

Tomasina’s Protection
  • Lie – Halsey, Quavo

New Start
  • Do You Remember Jarryd James ft Raury

Routemaster to the rescue
  • Fear Will Find You – Hans Zimmer

34 Letters
  • Hell To The Liars – London Grammar
  • War Prayer – This Will Destroy You
  • If I Go, I’m Goin – Gregory Alan Isakov
  • Slide – James Bay  
  • Cloudbusting – Kate Bush
  • Don’t Forget About Me – Cloves

The Safe House
  • On The Nature Of Daylight – Max Richter  

An Italian Kiss
  • Decks Dark – Radiohead

Book Me A Table At Claridges
  • Elephant – Tame Impala
  • On Thin Ice – Hans Zimmer

It’s A Trap
  • Set This House On Fire – Nick Vallee

On the Common
  • I Know All What I Do – Jack Garratt

Casual As Fuck
  • Overture – Michael Kamen
  • Romantic Flight – John Powell

Solemn Stag Do
  • Hard Place – H.E.R

Venezia To The Bone
  • All For Us – Labrinth

I Know Who You Are
  • Selah – Emeli Sandé

She’s Dead
  • Strange Weather – Anna Calvi ft David Byrne

Chances in Zurich
  • Alone In the Dark – Will Cookson

Brace Yourself, Wendy Darling
  • Carry You – Novo Amor

The Night Before
  • when the party’s over - Billie Eilish

The Weirdest Day
  • Outro – M83
  • God Only Knows – John Legend and Cynthia Erivo
  • The Vow – RuthAnne  
  • Etta James – Til There Was You

An Assassin’s Mistake
  • Under Attack – Kin Palo ft Amy Stroup

My Lovely, Brand-New Wife Amelia
  • Smack My Bitch Up – The Prodigy

He’s Got Two
  • Mean Demeanour – Run The Jewels

Waiting
  • Ruelle – Take It All

Nice Work
  • Mount Everest – Labrinth

In Deep Water
  • Why Do We Fall – Hans Zimmer

Checkmate
  • Vasily – Martin Phipps

How was the wedding?
  • We Might Be Dead By Tomorrow – Soko  


Epilogue
  • What You Won’t Do For Love – Luke Burr 


Murano on Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment