The Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews

Sunday 12 June 2011

To the Right and Down South

Don't get me wrong I love Ghanaians and I write about them because I know them. Mostly due to their voices still ringing in my head from years ago. But while I was writing about Tony (still doing it, not finished yet, please don't hurt me) I wrote a short story about a Zimbabwe girl married to a Scottish soldier who has just finished a tour in Afghanistan. What? Why make things simple?

Anyways, I picked Zimbabwe for two reasons. One, because one of the nicest women I've ever met talked of her home country with such love and disappointment and grief that I thought er 'what if...' and on the other because well, I had a very good chat with a Zimbabwean lawyer who reminded me that responsibility for justice is global. I'm very keen on the global justice. Makes interracial interaction easier. Okay three. I wanted to venture from Ghana. See if I could do it. Actually the best judge of that will be y'all. So let me know what you think when you have a read.

No comments:

Post a Comment