The Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews

Wednesday 19 December 2012

The Next Big Thing



I never do this, I like to keep shiz under tight wraps. Sterile and such. Anyways, these are my answers for the Next Big Thing Blog Hop.

What is your working title of your book?

At the moment, I'm calling it Franken-otica. Frankenstein inspired romantic erotica. I squish words, you know this now.

Where did the idea come from for the book?

I honestly can't remember where the premise came from. Sometimes, they knock out of left field. I do remember having a bit of a wide awake doze and having a bit of a naughty thought and immediately thinking I need to start writing now. It was supposed to a short story for Halloween and it's turned into a 30k beast with lots more to go.

What genre does your book fall under?

Erotic horror straddling paranormal and giving the sexy eye to romance.

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?

Henry Cavill would play Marek (have you seen the body on that dude? The only reason to watch Immortals on repeat. I don't even remember what happened in that film. He was topless.) and Aissa Maiga would play Shibah (beautiful, French actress).

What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?

Death is nothing to the glory and power of love.

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?

I've given the ladies at Beautiful Trouble Publishing first dibs. Not sure how they'll feel about the morgue scene. Yep. I go there.

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

Er... it's not finished yet. But I've been writing for about two months solidly on this.

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

It runs in parallel to Playing Dead in that respect. I haven't read anything like this which is what prompted me to start writing in the first place.

Who or what inspired you to write this book?

I suppose in a way I'm still grieving for people I've lost this year and I'm writing what I wish could happen. There's a rule in Harry Potter - even with magic, you can't bring the dead back to life. I'm challenging that rule. Sorry JK. You know I lurve you though!

What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?

There's parts of my own family history in this, there are jealous boyfriends, evil stepfathers, trips to France, the dark depths of a normal hospital and a little bit of necrophilia. But good necrophilia not the bad necrophilia. That hasn't helped has it?

Never mind! Click on the names of these extraordinary literary ladies to get a taste of what's coming next from them

RW Shannon
Lisa G Riley
Marteeka Kartland
Janet Eckford
Nikki Winter

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. LOL! I think you have a new fan here!A sense of humor that's slightly off-kilter is one I'm always down with. Cant wait to read what you got going on.

    Ljay

    ReplyDelete