The Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews

Tuesday 23 April 2013

Ginger Wine




This post will bring you all up to date with the Italian Knights and their ladies. This has been fun! I almost forgot about the trouble those lot have caused me. Continue to cause me. Yes, Tony, I'm looking at you. Last but not least, Frankie and her ginger ale provider, Luca 
  • Who are you closest to?


Luca

My cousin Tony. I don't know what I would have done without him. Please don't tell him that, he'll get more egotistical than poss... Too late. 

Frankie

Oh god, I'm going to sound like a lame ass. My colleagues, Pardeep and Kate. They're amazing friends.

  • What is your earliest memory?

Luca

Probably my father telling me that men don't cry. I was four and I'd dislocated my shoulder falling out of a tree. I don't remember the pain, or going to the hospital. Just my father, telling me not to be a fucking baby. 

Frankie

My mum giving me one of many perfunctory cards from the sperm donor and calling him the sperm donor to my face. You can imagine what that did to my self esteem. 

  • What is your biggest fear?


Luca

Prison. Anyone who says it's like a holiday camp needs to take better vacations. 

Frankie

Being stuck in my mother's house for the rest of my natural life, the two of us becoming Miss Havershams. God, it's enough to make my stomach turn. 

  • What are you best at?


Luca

Two things. Disposal and cooking. I suppose the two go together. I can't tell you what disposal means. I don't do it any more because I don't talk about it. 

Frankie

Defending myself. If I've got weaponry and you're threatening my personal space? I'm using it. Copper or no, don't start on me if you don't want a knife in your back or a glass bowl over your head. 

  • Tell us something that will shock us.

 Luca

I haven't had sex in two years. Close your mouth sweetheart, it's not that bad. 

Frankie

I wish I had access to anti psychotics so I could drug my mother. If you met her, you'd understand. Hell, you'd be crushing up the pills to mix into her drinks for me.

  • What do you value in a partner?

 Luca

Someone who enjoys food. Understanding and patience. 

Frankie

If he doesn't raise a hand to me, it'd be a start. 

  • Describe the last time you remember feeling really happy.

 Luca

I genuinely can't remember. 

Frankie

Strike out, lovie. Next question. 

  • What is your biggest regret?

 Luca

Just one? I'd have left Naples at eighteen and moved to be with my uncle in London. I'd have trained in culinary school straight away and I'd probably have a Michelin star by now. I feel like I've wasted time doing something else that gave me money but hasn't given me any peace. 

Frankie

Not trusting my own instincts because 99.9% of the time, those instincts are dead on. 

  • What is the one thing you would change about your life?

 Luca

I'd have love. Someone I can take care of. Someone who reminds me what it is to have a real family. 

Frankie

I'd have someone to go home to. Are you sorting me out? Can he cook? And be tall? A hefty man that makes me feel all delicate rose-like.

  • What item can't you live without?

 Luca

My Sugimoto knives. 

Frankie

My credit card. There are times when a girl need a banging dress. For eliciting the banging...



4 comments:

  1. Gotta Love it!
    Luca you naughty boy...two years without any sex...I don't believe that with Frankie around! Strawberries anyone?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What, he was saving himself for Francesca!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww, I love Frankie AND Luca...and I'm not even jealous...cos' Frankie has a special middle name...he he he he he he!
    Love YOU Billy.
    THE Jeanie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the Jeanie, you know how much that little stunt cost me!!!

    ReplyDelete